HK Well UK (CIC) Privacy Notice
What is this privacy notice?
This privacy notice is for those who are interested in attending events/activities and/or requesting support from HK Well UK (CIC). HK Well UK (CIC) is committed to the protection of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. This notice will inform you of your rights and provide information about how we hold and use your personal data.
- What is personal data?
This is information, which indirectly or directly allows you to be identified via circumstances or specific details. It may include data such as names, emails, addresses and other personal data.
- How do we process your data?
In compliance with the GDPR, HK Well UK (CIC) makes the following commitments about the processing of your data:
- Information will not be processed beyond what is necessary for HK Well UK services and supports
- Data about you will be kept up-to-date and records amended to address factual inaccuracies as soon as possible.
- We will store information securely, with the use of sufficient measures to protect your data from unauthorised access, loss or misuse.
- We will destroy data that is no longer required in a safe and appropriate manner.
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to collate details of those wishing to attend our activities and services, to facilitate your attendance on the online talks, in person activities or counselling services
- to inform you about information and updates relevant to events and services
- to record data relating to participants in order to audit compliance with requirements for specific activities with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
3. What is the lawful basis for processing your personal data?
- Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of HK Well UK (CIC) in accordance with GDPR policy and practice.
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, or trade union aim provided:
- the processing relates only to those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
4. Sharing your personal data
Your data will be held securely and only shared for the purposes above within HK Well UK (CIC). You will be informed if any further sharing of information is deemed necessary and your consent for this will be obtained, where appropriate.
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
Records of those who have attended the events/activities/services will be retained for the period of their engagement in any capacity within HK Well UK (CIC).
6. Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data in relation to data held about you relating to safeguarding:
- the right to request that HK Well UK (CIC) corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- the right to request that the data controller provides you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable)
- the right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- the right to object to the processing of personal data
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
7. Relevant Contacts
The Trustees HK Well UK (CIC) are the Data Controller who cover routine data processing activities.
For data processing relating to safeguarding, complaints and discipline, the Data Controller is HK Well UK (CIC). If you wish to make a subject access request concerning data held about you relating to safeguarding, complaints and discipline, it should be sent to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Further our GDPR policy, please visit our website: https://hongkongwell.uk/data-protection-policy/
If you have any queries about data processing relating to HK Well UK (CIC), please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org