Fully-funded Advisory and Counselling Services for BNO Visa holding families in ENGLAND

Living in England and wanting to help your children adjust to the new life? Worrying about your child’s emotional health? Looking for SEN support? We are here to help you.

The Children and Young People’s Resettlement Fund from The Department of Levelling Up, Housing and Communities have funded Hong Kong Well UK CIC to provide fully-subsidised advisory and counseling services for children and parents migrated from Hong Kong to England under the BNO Visa scheme.

Our services

1. Advisory Services

You will speak to case officers who had social work training from Hong Kong. They will provide the following:

  1. Information on local emotional health support services;
  2. A step by step guide and tips on how to reach out for help with schools
  3. Referral of children to HK Well UK triage assessment service
  4. Referral of children to HK Well UK counselling service as recommended by the assessment
  5. Contacts of Cantonese speaking therapists and psychologists
  6. Information on special education needs (SEN) support in Area

2. Triage emotional health assessment and counselling

Registered psychologists, therapists and counsellors based either in the UK will provide the following:

  1. Triage Assessment: One online session to assess whether the children need counselling or intervention.
  2. Counselling Services: A maximum of eight sessions of online counselling or therapy for the children. The clients may be referred to other local organisations.

Our charge

Advisory Servicesfully-subsidised
Triage Emotional Health AssessmentFully-subsidised upon recommendation by our case officer. You may be asked to provide proof of your immigration status, proof of address to show the applicant.
Counseling/Therapy ServicesFully-subsidised upon recommendation by our specialists

Who can apply

  1. Hong Kong migrants under the BNO Visa scheme
  2. Children in need aged above 16 and below 18; or parents of children aged below 18

To confirm the immigration status, the applicant may need to submit his/her share code or other related document.

Service Duration: Ending 31/3/2025

The application will ask for the following information:

  • Basic information of the child in need(age, gender and school year, immigration status and arrival date, etc.)
  • What is the concerns shown by the child?
  • How has the child’s behaviour or emotions changed since coming to UK?
  • How is the child’s relationship with family including those in the UK and Hong Kong?
  • How is the child doing in school?
  • How’s the child’s relationship with friends in the UK and Hong Kong?
  • Has the child or the parent ever sought help from school/family doctor/government doctor/social services?
  • What kind of help is the applicant expecting from HK Well UK?
  • Is the child of special education needs eg ASD?

For other enquiries, please mail: help@hongkongwell.uk