Hong Kong Well UK Donation-funded Counseling Service/Therapy
All applicants will be subject to an asset mean test to access the subsidised / counselling services/therapy which is funded purely by public donations. After the applicant submits an application, his or her child in need will undergo a mental health triage assessment and asset review. Eligible children and adolescents will be provided with free or subsidised counselling services/therapy. The details are as follows:
Registered clinical psychologists, therapists, or counsellors located in the UK or Hong Kong.
Counselling or therapy conducted mainly through video conferences. In-person services will depend on the availability of the specialists.
Number of sessions
4-8 sessions depending on the conditions of the child in need
|Category||Financial condition of the applicant||Service provider||Fee per session (approximately 45 minutes)|
|Free subsidised services||Family asset lower than the floor threshold||Clinical Psychologist/|
|Partly subsidised services||Family asset above the floor threshold but below the ceiling threshold||Clinical Psychologist||GBP40 (Other services such as written report excluded)|
|Therapist||GBP30（Other services such as written report excluded)|
|Counsellor||GBP25 (Other services such as written report excluded)|
Parents of children aged below 18 or children aged 16-17 can apply but they must satisfy ALL of the following conditions:
- BNO Visa holder or their dependent
- Assessment by specialists from our organisation indicates a need for counselling/therapy for the children;
- Pass the family asset mean test;
- The council tax band of the family’s residence falls under categories A, B, C, or D
- The family should own no more than one property worldwide.
Family Asset Mean Test
The asset thresholds employed in this test is referenced on maximum income thresholds employed by the UK government in its free school meal eligibility assessment for households with no recourse to public funds including those holding BNO visa.
|Family asset threshold||Family condition||Family saving(GBP)||Eligible services|
|Floor threshold||Families outside of London with 1 child||<136,200||Full subsidised services|
|Families outside of London with 2 or more children||<157,800||Full subsidised services|
|Families within London with 1 child||<187,200||Full subsidised services|
|Families within London with 2 or more children||<208,800||Full subsidised services|
|Ceiling threshold||Families outside of London with 1 child||<181,600||Partly subsidised services|
|Families outside of London with 2 or more children||<210,400||Partly subsidised services|
|Families within London with 1 child||<249,600||Partly subsidised services|
|Families within London with 2 or more children||<278,400||Partly subsidised services|
- Fill out the advisory service application form
- Our volunteers with social workers training will contact the applicant to understand their situation and determine whether a referral for the triage assessment service is necessary.
- If deemed necessary, the applicant needs to fill out the application form for the triage assessment service.
- The applicant must also submit the following documents:
- Signed service agreement for the Triage Assessment service
- Proof of the child’s age such as birth certificate
- Bank statements of both parents for the last three months. In the case of single-parent households, only the bank statements of the custodial parent are required (bank statements from online banks like Revolut, Monzo, etc. are not accepted)
- Proof of Council Tax payment
- Children of families that have satisfied the asset mean test will be arranged for assessment.
- If the assessor finds intervention necessary, he or she will recommend the required number of counselling sessions and the type of professional intervention to Hong Kong Well UK for the final decision. We will assign the appropriate specialists to provide the counselling/therapy.
- We will discuss the counselling/therapy arrangement with the parents and children in need if aged over 16.
- The applicant or their parent for those aged 16-17 is required to sign the counselling/therapy service agreement and pay the fees (in the case of partly-subsidised services) within 48 hours before each counselling session.
Applicants must ensure the accuracy and truthfulness of the submitted information. False declaration would result in the immediate termination of services and other appropriate actions.