We are training local professionals to better understand Hongkongers
We are please to announce Thrive LDN‘s commissioning of Hong Kong Well UK CIC and WAVE Trust to provide trauma-informed raining for teachers, NHS staff and social workers to improve their understanding of Hongkongers. We sincerely hope that a good mutual understanding will enhance the integration of Hongkongers into this new home.
A series of workshop will be held from September onwards to brief the professionals on the following:
- The history and culture of Hong Kong
- The recent political changes of Hong Kong and the trauma caused on its people
- Challenges faced by Hong Kong migrants living in the UK
- The difference between the UK and Hong Kong in the medical, education and social services systems
- How to help Hongkongers more effectively
A Thrive LDN spokesperson said they are pleased to working in partnership with Hong Kong Well in the delivery of a series of trauma informed training sessions. Through this funding from the Greater London Authority’s Hong Kong Integration Programme, they aim to upskill support organisations in trauma informed practice and deliver targeted and culturally competent support for Hong Kong communities to support their mental health.